crafting a meaningful life...one little project at a time

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 10: Sending Snail Mail


Day 10: Sending Snail Mail

Why do we view gift-giving as an obligation? The pressure to buy “more” and “bigger” kills the point of giving.

Wouldn’t it be nice to come home from a hard day and find a package in your mailbox, sent only with the intention of brightening your day?

From a child’s point of view, how exciting would it be to receive a small package in the mail, addressed to YOU, covered in stickers…inside you find a letter, a craft project, a small toy…something that says, “I thought of you today; I thought you might like this; I hope this brings you a smile; I value you; I love you.”

St. Patrick’s Day goodie mailer: simple leprechaun puppet kit (leprechaun image from http://www.activitycoloringpages.com/2010/02/28/leprechaun-coloring-page/), green bead necklace, novelty shamrock coins, small sticker sheet in a clear bag with a free printable gift bag topper from http://anythingbutperfect.com/freebies/stpattreatbagtopABP.pdf.
Also included is a personalized pen pal-type letter from my children with some pictures taken in March: hello, what are you up to, here's what we're up to, we love you. Pack in a 6x9 inch envelope with leprechaun picture on the front. Boom.

Result: low cost, quick to assemble, inexpensive to ship…hopefully these little mailers bring their recipients a smile…I can say with 100% certainty that if my two received something like this in the mail, they would be ESTATIC. Heck, if my children received an envelope that included nothing more than a post-it note that said “I love you” they would probably sleep with
it under their pillow at night.

Take a minute. Send a snail-mail smile to someone who needs it today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the St Patrick's Day goodies package! Aubree and I had fun coloring, cutting and talking like a leprechaun with our puppets. :).

    ReplyDelete